martes, mayo 23, 2006

Short Story

I was on the store when a woman grabbed me and passed me to the cashier. I was in a plastic case with no air, it was uncomfortable. The cashier passed me through a red light, threw me inside a plastic bag, and I fell face down on it; I couldn’t see anything, I was blinded by the red light.

Now the bag moves too much, I’m not feeling well and I want to throw up, but I don’t know why I can’t. But the bag stops moving and it opens a little bit. I could see outside... there’s a kitchen and a TV. The woman that I saw in the store is cooking something, but I don’t know why I can’t smell it. I think I’m inside a house. No one takes me out of here, and I’m inside this plastic case. I want to start working.

I think that what I do is useful, because in the store I was everybody talked about the job that I’ll do.

I was falling asleep when the woman took me out of the bag and open the plastic case were I was. Now I feel free!!! I felt like a prisoner inside there.

I know it’s time to work! I can’t see anyone like me here in the house, but I can see other workers (Mr. Pen, Mr. Pencil, Mrs. Ruler and Mr. Paper). Everybody is here to work. But I think that my job is the best one in the world. I help people to erase their errors; That’s what I do! I help people and give them a chance, an oportunity, to make corrections.

But also there are things that I don’t like about my job. The first one is that when my boss uses me, I feel a hard headache, then my skin starts to break and fall off... Ah! And of course, I get hot. The other thing I hate is that I get dirty too easily, because of the lead. I’m so useful and everybody throws me in the pencil case, in the backpack or in tables. That’s not fair. I should have my own eraser case. I don’t want to live any more in the pencil’s house. It’s so dirty and it’s full.

Well, I can’t do anything about it. This is the life that I have now. I’m an eraser, and my life ends when I get too small, or when my boss changes me for another eraser. I have a short life, but I’m happy that I can erase the errors that people do and make them feel happy.

By: Eric Pérez Zschaeck

Cada loco con su peo!